Get Rid Of Back Pain In Denver NOW
Can you remember when was the last time you or someone you know suffered an episode of back pain? Odds are it wasn’t so long ago. Your back pain may have been intense and forced you to limit your activities, miss work, take drugs and medication, or make you learn to live with it.
You are NOT alone. At ANYTIME in the just the US alone, you are joined by 31 million Americans with back pain. (New England Journal of Medicine 1994; 331: 69-116).
What may cause this epidemic? There are a multitude of causes.
- It may be from an injury as far back as your childhood! Think of falls on the play ground or on the ice. If you live in Denver,
- Aurora, Sloan’s Lake area or anywhere in Colorado, you will likely have slipped on the ice.
- Auto Injury, Car Accidents and even Whiplash
- Poor Posture
- Weak Muscles
- Too much weight
- Lack of sleep
- Inflammatory diet
- Toxins in the environment- anything you breath in, drink or eat may accumulate in your tissues.
- Lifting, bending or turning incorrectly
- Short leg
- High heels
- Foreword Head Posture
- Your mattress
- Improper Sleeping Position
- Prolong Sitting
- Pinched nerves
- Muscle Spasms
- Disc bulge
- and on, and on, and on!
If you are suffering from back pain, it may come from one or a combination of factors. Only a thorough evaluation will tell what is the actual CAUSE of your pain. At Aim High, our docs want to get to the root cause of your condition. We do NOT want to just mask your pain.
Here are a few tips on getting rid of your back pain NOW!
- Get yourself to Aim High Chiropractic– Your spine, muscles, nerves, bones and ligaments are stressed continuously from daily activities: driving, sitting at the computer, lifting your kids, exercise and a million other things. These stresses add up over time and misalign the joints of your spine, arms and legs. Your “misalignments” can then lead to muscle tightness, spasms, joint stiffness and pain. Also it is important to identify what is causing you back pain and remove or reduce the impact of that CAUSE. Treatment may also include physiotherapy modalities and lifestyle modifications. Although we often help patients with pain, getting “tune-up adjustments” when you are feeling “good” will keep you feeling GOOD.
- When lifting items or bending, use the legs and the trunk of the body rather than the arms. Avoid bending the back while you lift. And when sleeping, the two most supportive position is on your back with a pillow under your knees. The other position is on your side with a pillow between your knees and your head on a pillow that is thick enough to span the distance of your neck to the shoulders. Do not sleep on your tummy!
- Get MOVING and Exercise regularly. Walking, playing sports or going to the gym all counts and stay consistent. Exercise helps your body in so many ways. One of the most important aspects involves stretching and strengthening of your back muscles.
- Get rid of unhealthy habits. Emotional stress can cause muscle tension, which can lead to back pain (it also can lead to heart problems, chemical imbalances, an inability to sleep and a host of other bad things). Watching what you eat is another important factor to consider, because excess weight literally “weighs you down,” which can contribute to back pain. Quite simply, losing excess weight in a healthy manner will take pressure off your lower back and reduce stress on the vertebrae.
And remember…. Once You Feel Better,
Please Refer Others!
Your friend in health,
Dr Conrad Bui, DC,ND
The “People’s Doctor”
PS…I use to suffer from back pain in college. It came from a wrestling injury and it sucked. It made sitting and studying very difficult. Once I started my adjustments and proper lifestyle modifications…NO more back pain! Please come by and see if we can help. Thank you.
For informational purposes only. This article is for information and not meant to diagnose or treat any disease. Please consult with a licensed health care practitioner with any questions and before starting any treatment.