Struggling with Sciatica?
According to the National Institutes of Health, four out of five Americans will suffer from disabling back pain and/or sciatica during their life. Wow! This means that 80% of us will have extreme back pain at some point in their life. OUCH!
What is Sciatica in the First Place?
Sciatica refers to a condition that effects your sciatic nerve. This nerve runs down your sacrum to your gluteus (that is your tush) and down the back of your leg all the way down to your feet. Sciatica is a list of symptoms and problems associated with your sciatic nerve.
The causes of Sciatica include but is not limited to:
- subluxations -bones out of place
- muscle spasms
- one short leg- or one long leg for those “cup is half full” people.
- stenosis- big word for narrowing of the spinal canal.
- degenerating discs
- spondylosis- when one vertebrae slips forward in regards to the one below
- Car Accidents- YES even an auto collision injury can cause this.
What Does Sciatica Feel Like?
Sciatica includes pain in your back, hips and leg(s). There may be numbness and weakness as well. Your pain may come on gradually and is worsened by certain positions and inactivity. Sneezing may make things worse.
What Can I Do For My Sciatica?
Here is one thing you should avoid, surgery. Why? Read our article on “Risks of Spinal Surgery”
Things to DO:
- Come into Aim High Chiropractic in Denver, Aurora or Lakewood. Have a professional look at your condition. Sciatica and back pain are our bread and butter conditions that we take care of day in and day out at Aim High.
- Stay moving- sitting around may worsen this condition. Get up and get moving to your tolerance.
- Do not give in or give up on your one and only body! Your body is a self healing/ repairing organism. Adjustments can help your body’s natural recuperative abilities. This will allow you to get well FASTER! Keep your appointments, follow your Aim High doctor’s recommendations and start healing today!
Listen to what one patient said about our care!
“I first met the doctor here ten agonizing months after my car accident. This was the third doctor that I had seen for my back pain. The other two doctors had me convinced that I had severe arthritis and that nothing could relieve my pain except mega doses of pain killers. My life for the ten months after my accident was unrecognizable. I could barely lift anything over ten pounds and it was heart breaking that I could not carry my newborn baby. It took about two weeks from the time I started treatment for my life to return to normal. It’s a miracle! My pain is gone and it disappeared without drugs. If you are unsure whether or not to make an appointment, remember this: Life is too short to hurt.” – Shielah D., Denver, CO
Aim High Chiropractic has this testimonial and many more on file. Call today, come in and let us help you. Thank you.
Your friend in health,
By Conrad Bui, DC,ND
The “People’s Doctor”
If you sit a lot please watch this video for tips on reducing pain while sitting and live a longer life at the same time!