Easy Tips for Staying Safe on the Road in Denver, Aurora or the Sloan's Lake Area Part II
The CDC reports that car accidents are one of the leading causes of death in America. Auto Injuries in Denver, Aurora, Lakewood and Sloan's Lake can also result in whiplash injuries- leading to neck pain, headaches, low back pain, arm pain, dizziness, shoulder pain, numbness, fatigue, ringing in ears, insomnia, carpal tunnel syndrome and lots of other symptoms.
In over 18 years of motor vehicle collision (MVC) treatment experience, I have garnered several pearls of wisdom when it comes to car safety. Read on to learn how you can protect your life and the lives of the ones you love.
This is part II. You can read part I on our site.
- Always, always use your seat belt. Make sure to buckle up the kids as well.
- Use appropriate car seats for your kids. I have seen kids not belted in and not in their car seats or boosters and the results were catastrophic. Please take this extra precaution for their sake.
- No calling "shotgun" for the kids. Send children to the back. In fact its better to seat all the occupants in back if you do not mind looking like a chauffer. The passenger side air bag is dangerous and has caused injuries and fatalities.
- If you are driving, sit as far back as you can from your steering wheel. There is usually an air bag in the steering wheel column. Sitting too close to this air bag may cause injury or even death. I had a patient who rear ended someone at low speeds. Normally this would not have caused much of an injury. At the time of impact his air bag deployed and this force knocked him unconscious.
- Bring your head rest up. In fact the word head rest is a misnomer. Its proper name is "head restraint." You want your head restraint at the top of your head. If your head restraint is down at your neck (where the majority of head restraints are), your head restraint may act as a fulcrum in a whiplash injury and cause greater injury.
Please pay attention to these points for your health and the well being of your family as well. Aim High Chiropractic is here to help our community in Denver, Aurora, Lakewood, Wheatridge and Arvada recover more quickly from car accident, whiplash injuries and neck pain.
From the heart,
Dr Conrad Bui, DC, ND
This blog is not meant to be replace heath care treatment. It is not meant to diagnose or treat any disease. For informational purposes only. Please consult a licensed practitioner in the health care field for any advice.
|Spanish or Vietnamese?|