Toxicity Signs and Who Needs To Detox
Every day, millions of molecules from different compounds enter our bodies. These chemicals come from foods, beverages, medicines, food additives, personal care products… Excessive pollution from foreign and toxic chemicals in a system may result in malfunctioning or serious degeneration. These foreign chemicals are known as “xenobiotics.” Numerous research scientists have demonstrated that xenobiotics are among the major causes of many acute and chronic health problems that have become widespread in our society. These compounds, if not cleared from the system, can interfere with normal biological processes and become hazardous to one’s health. In addition, a variety of other factors related to our stressful modern life has increased the number of allergy problems tenfold in the last few decades. Find out how functional medicine can help in Denver, Aurora, Lakewood, and Wheat Ridge.
Toxicity and Detoxing at Aim High Chiropractic
Cleansing the body from the accumulated xenobiotics is known as “detoxification.” Detoxification has shown to be extremely beneficial to support good health. The removal of these toxins from the system supports the organs’ ability to better absorb nutrients and supports healthy biological functions and healing.
In fact, there are only 5 root causes of all diseases:
- Poor Diet
- Microbes or the imbalance of the bugs in your gut
All of the above can trigger symptoms and create thousands of diseases, including autoimmune diseases. If you want to decrease inflammation in the body, you must first detoxify and find the cause.
Patients with a wide variety of conditions can benefit from it, including: diabetes, fibromyalgia, heart condiitons, IBS, autoimmune disorders, hormonal issues among others…even if you feel “ok” a cleanse can be beneficial.
Many of you probably have symptoms of chronic toxicity that you don’t label as being toxic. If any of these sounds familiar, keep in mind that detoxifying might be critical for you to get healthy and feel good again:
- Muscle aches/fibromyalgia/joint pain
- Sinus or fluid congestion
- Foul-smelling stools
- Insomnia (specially early morning awakenings like 1-4am)
- Difficulty concentrating/ Brain fogginess
- Food cravings
- Water retention
- Trouble losing weight (mostly increased belly/visceral fat)
- Skin problems (acne, psoriasis, eczema…)
- Puffy, dark circles under your eyes
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Other menstrual disorders
- Bad breath, white or yellow coated tongue
In a healthy body, the process of detoxification runs smoothly. When we are toxic, though, the mechanism for detoxification in the liver gets sluggish, and certain toxins can remain active longer than we want or than our systems can handle. This makes us sick and impedes normal metabolism.
To understand toxicity, you must understand the concept of total load, or a total amount of stressors on your system Think of total load like a glass filling over with water. It takes a certain amount to fill the glass and then, after a certain point, you put more in and it overflows.
When our detoxification system becomes overwhelmed and overloaded, we start developing symptoms and get sick, but it may take years of accumulated stress and toxins to get to that point.
The total load includes things like:
- Heavy metals, mercury and lead, petrochemicals, residues, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Food allergies, environmental allergies, molds and toxins from molds.
- Our standard American diet (SAD)
- Stress — the mental, emotional and spiritual toxins that affect us; isolation, loneliness, anger, jealousy, hostility— which all translate into toxins in our system
- Medications can sometimes be toxins; often we need medications, but the reality is that most of us are over-medicated and use medications for things for which there are better solutions such as lifestyle and diet
- Internal toxins, like bacteria, fungus, and yeast that are inside our gut and may be affecting us, as well as hormonal and metabolic toxins we need to eliminate
Now why aren’t we all sick given this incredible load of toxins? Because each of us is genetically and biochemically unique, which means some of us are good at getting rid of toxins and waste while others are not. Everyone can benefit from a detoxification, like mentioned before sometimes it can take years of toxins to accumulate for your body to give you a sign of toxicity. Don’t wait until too late. Contact the functional medicine team at Aim High Chiropractic and take control of your health in a natural way.
|Spanish or Vietnamese?|